Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are an important part of the Philippine economy. In 2018, OFWs remitted about $33 billion back to the Philippines. That’s about 10% of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP)!
But before an OFW can start working abroad and earning money, there is a lot of preparation that needs to be done. This guide will go over some of the things that need to be taken care of before leaving for work abroad.
Are you an OFW? If you are, then you know the importance of preparing before you leave for your job abroad. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Get your documents in order. This includes your passport, visa, and other necessary paperwork. Make sure everything is up-to-date and in good order before you go.
2. Learn about the country you’ll be working in. Research the culture, customs, and laws so that you’re as prepared as possible for what to expect.
3. Financially prepare for your move. This means saving up enough money to cover your living expenses while you’re away, as well as any unexpected costs that may come up.
4. Make sure your family is taken care of while you’re gone. This means arranging for someone to take care of things like bills and other responsibilities while you’re away.
5.Pack light but wisely. You’ll want to bring enough clothes and personal items to last you, but don’t overpack. Remember that you’ll likely be doing a lot of walking, so comfortable shoes are a must!
By following these tips, you can make sure that you’re as
Steps for OFW to work abroad
1. Do your research about the country you’re planning to work in.
2. Make sure you have the required documents and visas.
3. Learn about the culture and customs of the country.
4. Find out what your rights are as an employee in that country.
5. Have a realistic expectation about your salary and working conditions.
6. Be prepared for homesickness and cultural shock.
7. Make sure you have a solid support system back home.