Individuals of Philippine origin who are keen to pursue higher education may now submit their applications for the Iskolar Ng Landbank Scholarship 2023. The LandBank of the Philippines has officially unveiled a novel scholarship initiative, aimed at providing support to qualified beneficiaries within the agrarian reform sector, including dependents of agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs), small-scale farmers, and fishermen across the nation.
Within the framework of this program, the bank has allocated a substantial sum of P128 million to underwrite the educational expenses of a total of 360 scholars for the period spanning from 2023 to 2028.
The focal theme for this year’s Iskolar ng LANDBANK Program is “600@60: Fostering Scholars and Cultivating Talent Devoted to ‘Serving the Nation'”. This theme reflects LANDBANK’s aspiration to mark its 60th anniversary by achieving a total of 600 scholar graduates, encompassing both the current program and alumni from the Bank’s previous scholarship initiatives.
Advantages of the LandBank Scholarship
The Iskolar Ng Landbank Scholarship program offers the following benefits:
- An annual stipend of ₱100,000 to assist with living expenses and the acquisition of essential educational materials such as books, clothing, and course-related necessities.
- Additional monetary rewards for scholars who successfully graduate with academic honors.
- Graduates of this scholarship program will have the opportunity to engage in on-the-job (OJT) training at LANDBANK Branches and Lending Centers, as well as at the Bank’s affiliated agencies and institutions.
- Commencing this year and extending through 2028, the scholarship initiative will annually support the education of 60 new Filipino students.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 90% or be ranked within the top 10% of their class.
- Applicants should be the offspring or descendants of individuals who have undergone high school education and are recognized as agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs), small-scale farmers, or fishermen.
What Academic Programs are Eligible?
- Animal science,
- Food technology,
- Data analytics,
- Information technology,
- Agribusiness management,
- Industrial or management,
- Civil engineering and
- Mechanical engineering
How many Scholars will be Given?
Starting this year and continuing until 2028, the Iskolar Ng Landbank Scholarship will support 60 new Filipino scholars each year.
Partner State Colleges and Universities
In its initial phase, the state-owned bank will collaborate with 12 State Colleges and Universities (SUCs) nationwide, serving as academic institutions for scholars hailing from the National Capital Region (NCR), Northern, Central, and Southern Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao regions.
Source : Landbank